Given the harshness of this past season, you may have extra spring yard work to do. Here’s a checklist of things to do (or call Stalcup Landscape Innovations for a free estimate).
1. Tree Branches – Now that the snow has melted, you may find litter, downed and damaged branches. Prune branches damaged during the winter in order to make way for the new growth and to prevent damage and disease to the tree. Be sure to rake up fallen leaves and pine cones.
2. Trim Perennials – Perennials need their dead leaves trimmed. Prune them down to four or five inches. Pull up any old annuals that are still in your flower beds and be sure to prune your summer flowering shrubs too.
3. Fertilize Now – Now is the best time to prepare your yard for summer fun. Adding fertilizer to your yard will ensure healthy vibrant shrubs and a beautiful yard for your family to enjoy this summer.
4. Irrigation – If you have an irrigation system, make sure all turf and drip systems are working properly. Check your timers so that your lawn and plants are being water efficiently.
5. Hardscape Surface Repairs – Gravel from your walkways may have escaped over the intense winter season. Rake the gravel back to the walkway and fill any depressions that may have occurred. Be sure that pavers have not raised up causing tripping hazards and that concrete has not lifted or cracked creating hazards.
If you don’t have the time or the staff to schedule outside maintenance, give Stalcup Landscaping Innovations a call at: (909) 866-9696. This long time Big Bear family is reliable and has competitive landscaping packages. They’re licensed, bonded and insured.
Let Stalcup Landscape Innovations take care of your maintenance issues. Whether you’re commercial or residents, call for the “crew in red!”